Antivirus Pro 2009 is a fake antivirus program classified as a rouge anti-spyware program. This malware comes from the makers of AntiSpyware XP 2009 and XP Antispyware 2009. This rouge program works by installing itself on your computer without your knowledge and using Trojans to alert you that your infected with false threats.
Antivirus Pro 2009 will enable itself to start up whenever your computer does. It will then complete a false scan of your computer and come up an extensive list of threats that it will claim need to be removed immediately. However, those threats are all fake. They are actually fake malware files which Antivirus Pro 2009 has put on your computer. Those files are completely harmless but the rouge program will try to get you to remove them. The rouge program will want you to register for the full version in order to remove the threats.
1) Overuse: Constant scanning and popup alerts will take up a considerable amount of computer memory. This will slow down your computer significantly.
2) Computer Hijack: The rouge program will take control of your internet browser and will redirect it to a site in order to get you to buy the full version of the software.
3) Vulnerability: This virus may make your computer vulnerable to other threats from hackers. This may result in identity theft.
We recommend doing a free virus scan download to identify and remove the virus.
How to Remove:
Step 1: Download and Install PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus
Step 2: Perform a Free Scan (It will find Antivirus Pro 2009)
Step 3: Remove all of the malware, spyware, and viruses it finds.
Manual: Only do this method with a backup of your system files and if you’re capable enough to alter such information.
1) Open task manager and shut down the following processes:
2) Open my computer and delete the following folder:
3) Search your computer for files beginning with “Antivirus” and delete suspicious ones
4) Open registry editor and delete the following entries:
That should remove the virus from your computer.
Check back frequently with Virus Scan Download to get the latest news, information, and removal tools for the latest virus threats.